Spring is coming, and young band members' hearts are turning to thoughts of ... fundraising. Well, actually, that is probably only the band parents, because we have depleted our reserves to pay for the new uniforms. Last year we made enough for the new hats, which the band proudly wore this Fall, and next Fall we will have them in their whole uniforms. But, we need to get those reserves restocked. So, get ready for our spring fundraiser!
John and Laurie Laszakovits will be co-chairing our Spring Fundraising, but it has to be a team effort. At minimum, here's what we need:
- Business Outreach - we need 2-3+ people to plan and execute outreach to solicit corporate/business donations.
- Raffle Prizes - Laurie Laszakovits & Heather Wilcox will coordinate
- Raffle Ticket Distribution and Collection - Maude Hales & Lorena Chaves will coordinate
- Blitz Day Coordination - Saturday, May 6 will be "Blitz Day" when our students will go out into the community to play music and sell raffle tickets. We need 3+ people to co-coordinate the day. This is critical to the success of our fundraiser!
- Viva Vienna Booth Coordinator - one person
The George C. Marshall Band Parents Organization is an all-volunteer network of parents whose mission is to foster and promote musical excellence in our band program. As we are a 501(c)(3) organization, your contribution to GCM BPO is tax deductible. If you'd like to make a tax-deductible donation to our uniform fundraiser, please mail a check (payable to GCM BPO) to Marshall High School Band, 7731 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043, or donate online here via PayPal.