We will be using Charms to maintain contact information about band students, keep a record of finances, and as a communication tool for parents and students (we email you through Charms; please make sure your email addresses are correct). Please refer to this band website, handouts, and emailed communications for forms, the calendar, and volunteering information.
Charms can be accessed here: Charms.
Here are a few tips on using Charms.
Your Student's Account
• Go to Charms. Click LOGIN at the top right corner of the screen. Choose Parents/Students/Members. Our school code is “fcpsmarshallhsband.” You can also click the “Need School Code” link to look it up if you forget. You will need this each time you log in.
• Enter your child’s FCPS ID Number. If you have more than one child you will need to do this separately for each.
Once you are in, here are some things you can do:
Update Your Contact Information
• Click the “Student Info” icon on the top left of the screen. Select the “Personal Information” tab just below.
• Review your child’s information. Correct if necessary. You can change your student’s name to a nickname (for instance, “John” to “Jack”) if appropriate.
• Review adult information and correct if necessary. If there is no adult information, please click “Add New Adult.” We need email addresses for parents, so we can keep you informed.
• You can link siblings from the Home Page. Click “Multiple Students.”
• NOTE: This database will be the single source of contact information for Mr. Vesilind and for the Band Parents Organization. This is how we email you. Please ensure that all contact information is correct.
Review Your Student's Band Fee Account
This can be found under Finances. We can no longer pay band fees via Charms. Please see below for the new online payment instructions.
Paying Band Fees
We can no longer pay band fees via Charms. Here is the new information on how to pay band fees online (or you may pay by check dropped off in the locked box in the band room, or mailed to the school):
FCPS and SchoolPay (the credit card processor we used to pay through CHARMS) no longer work together. We will now be using MySchoolBucks, which is the same site you use if you pay for your student's meals with a credit card. From now on, when you get a financial statement through CHARMS, you can use that information to pay online using MySchoolBucks. Please use the following directions to walk you through the process. Your Financial Statement from CHARMS will indicate which fee you need to pay and you will find the corresponding fee on MySchoolBuscks
Visit www.MySchoolBucks.com and either login or create an account. In your User Profile, under My Contact Info, be sure you have Send Confirmation of Payment set to Yes. Choose “school store payments.” Choose “view all” (you might need to scroll down to see this button). Choose “Marshall High” as your school. Choose “Band, Orchestra, Choir” as your category. Look for the “2019-20 Marching Band Deposit & Balance,” OR the “2019-20 Band: Course Materials Fee,” OR "2019 Pearl Harbor (Student)," OR another item that you need to pay. Select the item you want to pay for by clicking 'View Details." Select your student, and select options if requested (the $100 deposit, the $250 balance, or the $350 total amount, for example, or which month of Pearl Harbor you are paying for) from the drop down menu if one is given. Choose “add to basket.” You can then choose another fee to pay if desired and add it to the basket. Once you have made all your selections and added them to the basket, click on the shopping cart button in the top right corner of your window and click “view cart/checkout.” At this point you should be able to enter your credit card information and make the payment for your students account. This will not immediately update your student's account in the CHARMS website. so do not be concerned.
• NOTE: Your payment will not immediately appear on the Charms site, but will be added to your Charms account manually in a few days. You will receive a receipt for your payment from MySchoolBucks via email. That receipt is your proof of payment.
• NOTE: The Marshall Band also takes payments by check. If you elect to make payments by check, please follow the instructions provided with the request for payment. You can put checks in the locked box in the band room, or mail them to the school. Your check payments, once received and posted by the school, will also appear in the Charms Finances tab.
Information is not yet available on paying chaperone fees online. Please pay by check dropped off in the locked box in the band room, or mailed to the school.
• Go to Charms. Click ENTER/LOGIN at the top right corner of the screen. Our school code is “fcpsmarshallhsband.” You can also click the “Need School Code” link to look it up if you forget. You will need this each time you log in.
• In the ‘Trip Chaperone Password’ box you will enter your Chaperone ID number and then hit ENTER.
• The first time you log in, your password is your Chaperone ID number. Once you log in, you will have the option to change it if you want to.
• Once you are logged in, click on the Trip Statement wallet icon and you will be taken to your Chaperone Statement.