The first Marshall Band concert takes place on December 8th. All students are required to purchase a concert uniform (new or the one they kept from last year). This decision is consistent with Orchestra as well as other local band programs, and allows for a more organized and streamlined approach to concert uniforms. Students will wear their concert uniforms for the Winter Concert (December), the Pre-Assessment Concert (March), Assessment (March), the Spring Concert (May), and Concert photo day, as well as District and State Band functions if applicable.
It will be less expensive for everyone if we place one order, but it will need to be placed by early next week. Please read the following message carefully, follow the directions, and respond by Friday, November 4.
1) If your student kept his or her GCM uniform from last year...
Please have your child try it on this week and confirm it fits. Then go to our Google Form
and tell us:
a. if it fits and you're keeping it (you will be charged $30 for the dress and $50 for the tux in Charms, per our email last Spring).
b. if it doesn't fit and you need to order a new one - and you will be asked to provide measurements. See below for links to help you figure that out. You will be charged for the new uniform through Charms (approximately $60 for the dress and $100 for the tux).
c. if you need help with measurements.
2) If your student is new to Band or did not keep his or her GCM concert uniform from last year...
Go to the Google Form
and tell us what your student's measurements are. See below for links to help you figure that out. Use the Google Form
to let us know if you need help with measurements. You will be charged for the new uniform through Charms (approximately $60 for the dress and $100 for the tux). If you need help with measurements, you may indicate that on the Form
We have a small number of uniforms available for students with the following circumstances:
- Students for whom the cost is a financial hardship. Please contact Mr. Vesilind if this applies to you.
- We are able to purchase the tux as a package set for $96: See the package and sizing information.
- If you want to select individual pieces (Jacket/Pants/Shirt/Tie), please indicate on the Google Form and give us the sizes.
- Black dress shoes (not included in the package).
- Please see.how to take men's measurements.
- Please send the size for each piece to us through the Google Form.
- You will be responsible for basic hemming of pants.
- If you already have a black tuxedo and black tie, you may use that. Please indicate on the Google Form.
Tux packages come with cummerbunds, however they are not part of the band concert uniform. Boys use the buttons, not the black plastic studs for the tux shirts.
The tux package is $96. It includes jacket, pants, bow tie, shirt, cummerbund. The price of individual pieces for the boys:
Bow tie: $3